Our organization protects personal information in accordance with the requirements of Canada's Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act which sets out standards pertaining to the collection, use and disclosure of personal information in the Model Code for the Protection of Personal Information. Our organization applies the ten principles of the Model Code as follows:
- Accountability - meow meow acknowledges that it is responsible for personal information collected and maintained by it or which is under its control. Our organization has taken appropriate measures to develop procedures to: (a) protect personal information; (b) receive and respond to complaints and inquiries; (c) train our employees about policies and practices relating to the protection of personal information; and (d) distribute information explaining our policies and practices relating to the protection of personal information. We have designated an individual within our organization as our "privacy officer", who may be contacted as follows:
address: meow meow - Privacy Officer, 530 Pelissier Street, Windsor Ontario N9A 4L1 Canada
and who shall be responsible for coordinating our organization's compliance with the following principles.
- Purposes - The purpose for which personal information is collected, used and disclosed by meow meow is to provide pet retail services to clients, as well as to document trends in fashions and designs related to such products and services and discuss these trends. Additional purposes for which personal information is collected, used or disclosed by our organization may be identified at the time of collection of such information.
- Consent - meow meow requires that an individual's knowledge and consent be obtained for the collection, use or disclosure of their personal information, except when inappropriate. Consent to the collection, use or disclosure of personal information by our organization is deemed to be given either by any individual's unrestricted release of any such personal information to meow meow or the public domain, or by the individual's express written or oral consent as obtained in the contractual agreement made with the client. Where consent to the collection, use or disclosure of personal information has expressly or impliedly been given to meow meow, you may withdraw your consent at any time upon reasonable notice, subject to legal or contractual restrictions, by contacting the privacy officer designated in principle 1.
- Collection - meow meow limits the collection of personal information to that which is necessary for the purposes identified by our organization. Personal information will only be collected by fair means in accordance with applicable laws. With respect to internet and web site administration, our organization does not collect NETBIOS information relating to the IP address of any computer, and only uses temporary (and not permanent) "cookies" which are automatically deleted from the user's browser upon logging out of our web site ("cookies" being small text files that can collect and store a variety of information).
- Use, Disclosure & Retention - Personal information will not be used or disclosed by our organization for purposes other than those for which it was originally collected except with the consent of the individual or as required by law, provided always that from time to time the principals of meow meow may appear on television news and current events programs relating to decorating and home fashion and garden design trends and ideas and discuss the purchasing activities of celebrities who may be considered trendsetters by virtue of their achievements in the entertainment industry. Personal information will be retained by our organization only as long as necessary for fulfillment of the purposes for which it was originally collected. Our organization shall use care when storing or destroying personal information in order to prevent unauthorized access.
- Accuracy - Personal information maintained by our organization shall be as accurate, complete and up-to-date as is necessary for the purposes for which it is to be used. If you have any concerns about the accuracy of your personal information or if your personal information needs to be updated to reflect a change in your situation, please contact the privacy officer of meow meow designated in principle 1.
- Safeguards - Personal information collected or maintained by meow meow will be protected by appropriate safeguards. These safeguards include: (a) physical security measures, such as restricted access to areas where personal information is used, and locked storage; (b) computer and network safeguards such passwords, firewalls and internet controls; and (c) internal security measures, including restricted computer access and limited access by personnel to personal information collected by our organization.
- Openness - meow meow will make additional information available about its policies and practices relating to the protection of personal information. Please forward any inquiries to the privacy officer designated in principle 1.
- Access - Upon request made to meow meow an individual may be informed of the existence, use and disclosure of his or her personal information and may be given access to that information, and in such event the individual will be able to challenge the accuracy and completeness of the information and have it amended as appropriate. Kindly forward any inquiries to the designated privacy officer identified in principle 1. If at any time we are unable to provide you with access to the personal information we hold regarding you, then our organization shall provide you with the reasons for the denial of access.
- Compliance - Upon request made to meow meow an individual may be informed of the existence, use and disclosure of his or her personal information and may be given access to that information, and in such event the individual will be able to challenge the accuracy and completeness of the information and have it amended as appropriate. Kindly forward any inquiries to the designated privacy officer identified in principle 1. If at any time we are unable to provide you with access to the personal information we hold regarding you, then our organization shall provide you with the reasons for the denial of access.
Last updated: 25 January 2019